A new year’s creeping up on us, and I think it’s time for some limericks.
- This month’s Theme is Resolutions.
- The Length is however long you need for a standard limerick: five lines of AABBA, in anapestic meter.
- You’re going to have to Rhyme; that’s what AABBA means…
- The Rating’s PGish. Yes, I’m aware of how these poems usually go. Be creative.
- And, above all, make us laugh. I want your life coach to drop his Downward Dog in convulsions of hysteria on his organic bamboo exercise mat.
You have till 10:00 a.m. MST next MONTH (January 8) to submit a poem.
DISCLAIMER: I have read the rules and did write a limerick/poem…whatever. However, I wrote it as it came to me and didn’t follow them to a T. Still posting because, well, I like it!
My Submission 🙂
On the treadmill I walk, my flubber a-flapping
Think I would have lost some with all that Christmas wrapping
So, here I am,
Here it goes,
The chafing on my thighs as red as Rudolph’s nose
Please visit the link for the original challenge, https://chelowens.com/2020/12/13/the-a-mused-poetry-contest-12-12-2020-1-8-2021/